ISKSAA has seen the light of the day after a decade of effort for sharing knowledge of international experts with the audience of upcoming orthopaedic surgeons interested in enhancing their knowledge in arthroscopy and arthroplasty.
In 2002 Dr. Pushpinder Bajaj and Dr. Lalit Maini who were both settled in their Orthopaedic practice had this common desire to pass the knowledge in the field of Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty to the next generations. They also desired to bring together experts from their country and the world to regularly exchange experiences and improve standard of care in these two fields. The concept was fuelled by the existence of other major International societies such the ISAKOS and the ESSKA both of which hold conferences abroad and involve a lot in expenses and time required and thus are out of the reach of the junior Orthopaedic colleagues.
With the constant support of Prof. Jegan Krishnan, regular symposia on these topics were started on an yearly basis. This was the first step from which it was learnt that there was a need of year long interaction and not just one annual meeting. Surgeons needed one to one learning exposures to improve their skills and add new knowledge. There was a need to have fellowships, online forums, educational books, CDs, journals, multicentric knowledge sharing and research collaborations.
After conducting nine events in the last decade, ISKSAA was thought of and launched in 2012 to fulfill these larger goals. The organizational structure of this society was developed in 2013 in order to start delivering the above said benefits to its members. ISKSAA was conceived as a more cost effective and less time consuming alternative to overseas events.
It is unique in its structure as it does not have any geographical boundaries and has two very important modalities of Orthopaedic care under one umbrella. It also intends to address all the joints so that the members have a complete knowledge platform for their area of interest.
Members of the society would benefit by learning the recent advances and the common practices through this web portal. Members would be eligible for fellowships. All the events would be available on the member's page to members for later reference. Once more members from different centers enroll they would have an opportunity to be a part of multicentric research collaborations.
ISKSAA is strengthened by the joining of Dr. IPS Oberoi as the ISKSAA Executive Director. He will be directly responsible for all the CME programs, cadaveric workshops and other Scientific meetings. Dr. Raju Easwaran, ISKSAA secretary is involved in promoting ISKSAA academy and other educational initiatives along with a monthly Podcast series.
ISKSAA is happy to release the second issue of 2019 (16th issue ) of its official, peer reviewed, SCOPUS INDEXED, EMBASE INDEXED online scientific journal Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery ( JAJS ) launched by ISKSAA in 2014, in collaboration with Elsevier. JAJS is circulated to all ISKSAA members and all IOA members with a circulation of over 15000. We encourage you to become a part of this ISKSAA endeavour and help to make it one of the best and far reaching journals in Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty in India and abroad. The Journal details are available on the website.
JAJS as of Today
- JAJS has now a well balanced editorial group from across the globe with focus on sub specialities – Knee, Hip, Foot & Ankle, Pediatric Ortho., Elbow, Wrist, Ortho. Oncology, shoulder etc. – Promising only the best of quality research in JAJS
- JAJS has generated huge interest in the research intensive regions – 50% usage of the journal originating from North America and European Union
- JAJS is now indexed in SCOPUS and Embase in 2015 (Volume 2)
- Fulfills all criteria as per MCI guidelines viz. – Indexed in Scopus & Embase, Publishes in both print (Print ISSN: 2542-6001) and online format ( Online ISSN : 2214-9635 )
- To apply for indexing in Web of Science in 2019
We are happy to have already around 1850 Members from over 40 countries under the Association and aim to reach a strength of 2000 by the next Congress in 2020 making it the fastest growing Orthopaedic Association in the country & region in just 6 years of its inception with over 370000 hits from over 162 countries on the website.
Under the prestigious ISKSAA Clinical Fellowship program, we have offered over 400 Clinical Fellowships as of date including 54 in ISKSAA 2014, 40 in ISKSAA 2015, 63 in ISKSAA 2016, 55 in ISKSAA 2017, 20 in ISKSAA 2018 & 100 in ISKSAA 2019 and over 50 ISKSAA Wrightington MCh Fellowships from 2014 to 2018.
We have affiliations with
- UNITED KINGDOM
- 12 centres in the UK including Mr. Sanjeev Anand ( Leeds – BASK & BOA ), Mr. Kapil Kumar ( Aberdeen ), Mr. Ved Goswami ( Midlands ) , Mr. Makaram Srinivasan ( Lancashire ), Mr. Amol Tambe ( Derby ), Mr. R. Pandey ( Leicester ), Mr. Lennard Funk ( Wrightington ), Prof. Raj Murali ( Edge Hill University ), Mr. Neil Jain ( Manchester – BOSTAA ), Mr. Shibu Krishnan ( Buckinghamshire ), Mr. Peter Brownson ( Liverpool - BESS ) & Mr. Tanveer Ashraf ( Birmingham ).
- ISKSAA BASK travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- ISKSAA BOA travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- ISKSAA BESS travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- ISKSAA BOSTAA travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- ISKSAA Wrightington MCh fellowships with Mr. Raj Murali
- ISKSAA IMRI travelling fellowships with Prof. J. Krishnan ( Flinders Medical Centre & IMRI, Adelaide )
- ISKSAA SPORTSMED travelling fellowships with Dr. Nick Wallwork ( Adelaide )
- NEW ZEALAND
- 1 Centre in Christchurch with Dr. Khalid Mohammed
- 5 Centres in Europe including Dr. Jaap Willems ( Netherlands ), Dr. Eran Maman ( Israel ), Dr. Paolo Paladini ( Italy ), Prof. Niklaus Freiderich ( Switzerland ) & Prof. Joao Mendes ( Portugal )
- ISKSAA ESSKA travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- 1 centre with Dr. Ajay Aggarwal ( Missouri Columbia )
- SOUTH AFRICA
- 1 Centre in Johannesburg with Dr. Ponky Firer ( linksfield Knee Clinic )
- 8 centres in India including Dr. Pushpinder Bajaj ( Delhi ), Prof. Lalit Maini ( Delhi ), Dr. Gurinder Bedi ( Delhi ), Dr. Bhushan Nariani ( Delhi ), Dr. Sanjay Desai ( Mumbai ), Dr. Ashish Babulkar ( Pune ), Dr. Avtar Singh ( Amritsar ) & Dr. Sundararajan Ganga hospital ( Coimbatore ).
- ISKSAA BIOTEK travelling fellowships ( 4 per year )
- ISKSAA MAXX travelling fellowships ( 2 per year )
- ISKSAA SICOT ganga fellowship ( 1 per year )
We invite you to visit us at www.isksaa.com for regular updates and also become a member to have all the benefits.