About the Journal
Dear ISKSAA Members / Fellows and Friend colleagues,
ISKSAA would like to thank and congratulate all its authors, reviewers, editors, members and fellows for the grand success of its official, peer reviewed, SCOPUS INDEXED, EMBASE INDEXED online scientific journal Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery ( JAJS ) launched by ISKSAA in 2014, in collaboration with Elsevier.
The focus of the Journal is to present wide-ranging, multi-disciplinary perspectives on the problems of the joints that are amenable with Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty. Even though Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty entail surgical procedures, the journal shall not restrict itself to these purely surgical procedures. Rather it will also encompass pharmacological, rehabilitative and physiotherapy measures that can prevent or postpone the execution of a surgical procedure and can help the patient pursue his / her unhindered activities related to work and / or sports.
The Journal is committed to bring forth scientific manuscripts in the form of original research articles, current concept reviews, meta-analyses, case reports with clear message and letters to the editor. Through such publications, the ISKSAA hopes to advance the development of the scientific material in the area of Arthroscopy & Joint pathology. Notwithstanding to the literal meaning of the title “Journal of Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery”, the journal will also like to publish the scientific research related to tissues other than joints that will have ultimately an effect on the function of the joints. In addition to advancing the scientific development, the “JAJS” provides students and general orthopedic practitioners the opportunity to develop their interests further in the upcoming specialties of Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and Arthroplasty.
The “JAJS” has a present frequency of 3 times a year with an ultimate aim to be quarterly depending upon the response and the progress.
The spread and development of the knowledge related to the preventive and curative aspects of Joint disorders is not new for ISKSAA. For the last almost a decade, it has been organising periodic symposiums, seminars, workshops and live surgeries with the help of top international faculty experts in the National Capital Region of Delhi. In the recent years, it has initiated one to one training mentorship programs for the young orthopaedic surgeons desirous of promoting their knowledge and skills in the areas of disorders related to the joints. The present endeavor is another step in the expansion of the wings of the society to further promote the objective of spreading the science and art of Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty to the Orthopaedic fraternity.
Today, as we are gearing for the 1st issue of 2017 ( 9th issue ), We are happy to share with you the following.
- JAJS has now a well balanced editorial group from across the globe with focus on sub specialities – Knee, Hip, Foot & Ankle, Pediatric Ortho, Elbow, Wrist, Ortho. Oncology, shoulder etc. – Promising only the best of quality research in JAJS
- JAJS has generated huge interest in the research intensive regions – 50% usage of the journal originating from North America and European Union
- JAJS is now indexed in SCOPUS and Embase in 2015 (Volume 2)
- Fulfills all criteria as per MCI guidelines viz. – Indexed in Scopus & Embase, Publishes in both print (Print ISSN: 2542-6001) and online format ( Online ISSN : 2214-9635 )
- To apply for indexing in Web of Science in 2017
- As a token of gratitude and to promote its mission of furthering research and education, ISKSAA announced the following annual awards for authors and reviewers of JAJS at the ISKSAA GLOBAL SUMMIT 2016 at New Delhi on 21-23rd November 2016.
- Best research paper 2015 : Dr L K Chelluri
- Most popular research paper 2015 : Dr Manit Arora
- Outstanding reviewer 2015 : Dr Vivek Pandey
- Besides the Awards, JAJS is Providing numerous other benefits to Authors and Reviewers
- Reviewers get 30 day free access to ScienceDirect and Scopus
- JAJS recognizes the effort of reviewers – Certificates can now be downloaded for every review completed on a monthly basis. www.ReviewerRecognition.Elsevier.com/
- Download a free certificate of publication via Elsevier’s Web Shop: www.Webshop.Elsevier.com
- Freely share your article with anyone via SocialMedia, Email, Blogs : free till first 50 days of article publication via Elsevier ShareLinks
- Monitor how your article has been received via Mendeley Stats : www.mendeley.com/stats. get insights on citations, readership, views etc. option to make public profile; for anyone to view
- Free PDFs of your articles, special discounts on Elsevier publications, and a liberal copyright policy
We are looking forward to an active participation from the members / fellows of ISKSAA and other Orthopod colleagues for manuscript submissions and Guest editorials by leaders in their field. We also seek motivated people to participate in the Journal's reviewer Base & editorial Board / Associate editors for 2017.
- To visit website of JAJS click here
- To submit your manuscript Click here
- To register yourself as a Reviewer please send an email
to JournalofArthroscopy@Elsevier.com with details of your field of expertise/interest.
ISKSAA MEMBERS can view any of the issues of JAJS at the ISKSAA website after login with your membership details.
Submission of manuscripts is open now for 2017 issues. All details are available on the website www.ISKSAA.com. We encourage you to become a part of this ISKSAA endeavour and help to make it one of the best and far reaching journals in Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty in India and abroad.
Looking forward to an enhanced relationship between you, JAJS and ISKSAA.
Dr Pushpinder Singh Bajaj
ISKSAA President &
Managing Editor JAJS
IMPORTANT : To participate in future ISKSAA Fellowship programs starting from ISKSAA 2016, it will be preferable for the members to have either submitted or published an article in JAJS.